As we approach the holiday, we have some tips to keep in mind to help your pets have a safe Thanksgiving.
1. Keep fatty foods out of reach. They can cause gastroenteritis and pancreatitis with lots of vomiting and diarrhea.
2. No bones for the dog! They can cause many stomach problems.
3. Avoid grapes and raisins: which can both cause kidney disease in pets.
4. Keep the chocolate out of reach as it is very toxic to pets.
5. Onions can also cause problems for pets by destroying red blood cells which can lead to anemia.
6. Food wrappings (foil, plastic, wax and styrofoam): can all cause gastrointestinal obstruction if eaten.
Keep your pets’ diet routine for the holidays to play safe!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM ALL THE DOCTORS AND STAFF!